Executive Assistant/Office Manager at Barron Commercial Group (BCG) and the Barron Family of Companies – Owensboro, KY
Barron Commercial Group is a commercial real estate brokerage and development company in Owensboro, KY. Our mission is to help investors and businesses make wise decisions so that they can achieve their desired returns and find space that will allow their businesses to thrive. The value we provide is in the market knowledge we deploy along with our ability to negotiate and advocate for our clients in getting the best deals possible. We specialize in investment sales, landlord representation, tenant representation, and owner/user decision analysis and transactions. We are a high growth, mission-oriented, third generation company with great benefits. We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the president who will also serve in other capacities as an office manager and assistant to our property manager.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time salaried position that reports to our CEO, Bo Barron, that is eligible for an industry leading benefits package, including premium health care (we cover 100% of your premium), unlimited PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, among other stellar benefits. This position requires candidates to reside in Owensboro, KY, and report to our office daily. Hours for this position are typically 8am – 5pm. A hybrid schedule of remote work and in-person work is a possibility as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in and clock out schedule. We have a Class A professional office in the heart of Owensboro and support offsite work as needed or approved. And though our team highly prioritizes margin, there are a few times a year when additional hours on evenings and weekends will be needed to accomplish our mission.
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to be proficient at anticipating the needs of their leader, tracking all the administrative details, and clearing the path for him to make his greatest contributions to our business. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to the CEO by proactively managing routine matters and operational details (examples – scheduling, office hospitality, inter-office needs, etc.), anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing him to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of the Barron Family of Companies so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the CEO’s needs and the team’s calendar. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity to support the initiatives of the CEO and the Barron Family of Companies.
The position will also aid the Property Manager/Transaction Manager, which will require excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently complete support tasks involving document creation and bookkeeping.
- The Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Meeting management including scheduling, preparing agendas, taking notes, distributing action items, and arranging catering
- Communicating on the CEO’s behalf both internally and externally
- Email management on behalf of the CEO
- Running errands and attending in-person meetings multiple times per week
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the CEO
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, expense reports, research projects, coordinating travel, ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Familiarity with editing, proofing, and coordinating events is a huge plus
- Posting the barroncommercial.com blog and compiling content for social media use
- Preparing monthly marketing reports and sending them to brokerage clients
- Assisting with the new listing process
- Ordering/picking up supplies for the office
- Update BCG on-market & sold tracker spreadsheet
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Experience: 2-5 years supporting C-suite executive(s)
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].